We are currently seeking applications (due Nov. 2) for champion group members and champion group chairs. Please find additional information below and feel free to contact me with any questions. Expectations of champion chairs and members can be found the applications links below. Please also share with others who may be interested.
Committee Purpose: To support the 4-H System to reach its National 4-H Grows: A Promise to America’s Kids Vision: In 2025, 4-H will reflect the population demographics, vulnerable populations, diverse needs and social conditions of the country. This vision has the elements of inclusion, caring adults, serving at minimum 1 in 5 youth, and the volunteers and staff reflect the diversity of the population. This Committee aims to increase the capacity of 4-H and the Cooperative Extension System to meet this opportunity and to create a more inclusive organizational culture.
The Access, Equity and Belonging Committee is composed of the followingChampion Groups:
- Incarcerated Youth
- Immigrant and Refugee Youth
- LGBTQ + Youth / Community-recruiting new members
- Mental Health and Wellbeing-recruiting new members
- Youth Experiencing Homelessness
- Youth in Foster Care-recruiting new members and chair
- Youth with Disabilities
- Youth Living in Poverty-recruiting new members and chair
- Racial and Ethnic Youth:
- African American Youth-recruiting new members and chair
- Asian / Pacific Islander Youth-recruiting new members and chair
- Latino Advisory Committee
- Native American Youth-recruiting new members and chair
- Champion Members
Champion Groups are composed of researchers, faculty and practitioners with the Land-grant System and from other institutions who are developing and identifying research-based resources to support the Extension System in their work with the identified populations.
Champion Member Application:
A Champion Chair is someone who has work experience, skills and passion in relation to the specific population for which they have identified. Additionally, they have published, developed programs and/or conducted research with and for the specific population.
Champion Chair Application: